Amidst all the uncertainty of the present moment, we hope you and yours are taking good care.
We are happy to report that the San Juan County, Washington is NO 1 (meaning it has the least Covid cases/population among ALL the counties in the (contiguous) United States. It is a “Badge of Honor" for us and we ask our guests to follow the local protocols in place and help us maintain our prestigious status.
We are happy to report that San Juan County Washington in NO 1 (meaning it has the lest Covid occurrences per capita) of ALL the counties in the contiguous United States.
As of August 14, 2021, more than 72% of our population over 12 years of age have been vaccinated.
For rentals like ours with no shared spaces and limited occupancy per unit, this new development does not change our policies or operating procedures . We continue to adhere to the CDC guidelines described. We are glad that we can welcome you to Orcas Island and give you a well deserved respite from the everyday stresses of life (generally and especially during these confusing times).
Restaurants are open and as with all summers, many provide outdoor dining. Many are also offering take-out orders. Masks are again required inside most of our businesses. We suggest you check with our Chamber of Commerce for the latest information on retail businesses on island.
Each cottage in our collection comes with a small but sufficiently equipped kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal as well as a propane gas BBQ on deck.
We have well stocked supermarkets on Orcas Island.
1. Orcas Village store at the ferry landing, though small, has almost everything--including duck, sashimi grade fish and even an occasional rabbit. They also have gourmet pizza that you can take home to heat. And, their sandwiches are the best.
2. Island Market in Eastsound is also well stocked. Deli items to great wines as well as island grown produce can be found there. They also have local clams, oysters and crab.
3. The COOP in Eastsound is a great resource for the Vegetarian.
We are following the CDC's cleaning guidelines to ensure your safety. Some of the ways we are working to keep you safe are:
Contactless check in. Your cottage will be ready for you at 4:00 p.m. The door will be open and keys inside. Just walk in and make yourself comfortable.
All linens thoroughly washed between stays (including bed-spread and shams).
Minimal Decorative Pillows. We have kept a few . All have removable and washable covers that we thoroughly wash between stays. It would not be a "dream" cottage stay without some niceties. D
Deep clean procedures that meet or exceed industry standards.
Disinfect all dishes, cutlery, etc between stays.
All surfaces and door handles disinfected before your visit.
There is no daily housekeeping. No one enters your private space while you are here.
Replacement towels and trash removal upon request only.
CDC recommended cleaners and methods.
Cleaning staff wear masks and gloves while cleaning.
Hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes and anti-bacterial soap for use in cottage.
* Disposable masks available upon request.
Due to enhanced cleaning protocols in place, please understand that :
Pets are welcomed by prior arrangement and payment of pet sur-charge and only until May 15th in 2021.
Our ability to accommodate requests for early check-in or late check-out is greatly reduced and must be cleared in advance
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
During these confusing times:
1. When we receive your reservation request, we will acknowledge this with a letter. We will wait 24 hours before processing your reservation. There is no penalty for cancellations during this time.
2. Once your initial payment (half of total rent) has been processed and until 2 weeks prior to your arrival when final payment is due, your cancellation fee will be 10% of your deposit or $50 (whichever is more). 90% of rent already paid (or 95% of total rent) sans minimum cancellation fee will be automatically refunded. During this period, you may also choose to keep 100% of what you paid in your account for a future stay.*
3. Cancellations made after full payment has been received and 1 week prior to arrival will be charged a cancellation fee of 30% of total rent. We will automatically refund 70% of rent and tax collected. During this period, you may also choose to pay 15% penalty and keep the remaining 85% in your account for a future stay. *
4. We are unable to make refunds on Cancellations made within a week (7 days) prior to arrival. We will, however, work hard to rebook these nights for you and will, honestly refund 70% of any rent we are able to collect on the dates you have cancelled. Re-booking may require us to offer substantial discounts so your refund will be 70% of whatever (sometimes reduced) rent we collect. Please understand that we are on an island that requires a ferry ride to get here and that last minute re-bookings are not always possible. In some instances, that means that you may lose your entire rent.
If family situations require that you consider your health, the health of an aging parent or a special needs child, please consider purchasing travel insurance.***
Hardship Cancellations within this 1 week period -- Covid 19, Newsworthy weather events that effect your ability to travel, death in the family -- must be submitted in writing and substantiated.
We have fingers of our (frequently washed hands) crossed that you are able to visit our beautiful and restful island and our dream cottages. . . that are (truly). . . "much more than places to sleep!"
*Future stays (at this time) are limited to visits through December, 2022.
** We reserve the right to change our policies as the situation changes. Hoping for better days.
***We have found Travel Insurance gives us "Peace of Mind." Especially in this fast paced world with unpredictable weather events.
Since each of our cottages are situated on its own special, beautiful and PRIVATE property, there are no shared spaces with other guests
thus, a wonderful choice for pure relaxation.